Good Youtube Video Essay

Discussion 23.06.2019
  • Good essay why fracking is wrong
  • What ais a good social studies essay for descriptive and inferential statistical
  • Good titles for an essay about plastic
  • How to do you italicize video in essay

The 10 Most Essential Video Essays of Shares Our video education reached new heights thanks in part to this year's excellent video essays. College essay boot vcamp know what you're thinking—how do you know which ones really earned that 6-minute runtime? I'd good to catch up on all of the great video essays that had to offer, but I'm not video sure how to find them or know which ones are worth my precious time.

Cv writing services london

The Beach Party Genre - The Royal Ocean Film Society One reason I fell in love with video essays is that they let me basically watch normal people talk really intelligently about cinematic history on my phone. The alternative is reading a friggin' history textbook and, honey, I've done my time. Film Tone - StudioBinder StudioBinder has had an incredible year on YouTube, churning out dozens of excellent educational content for filmmakers to learn from. Finding Nemo: Secrets to Being a Good Parent - ScreenPrism There is a reason why ScreenPrism topped my personal list of favorite video essays last year for Sight and Sound —they make some of the best, most in-depth, interesting, and thorough video essays on the internet. I'm not sure why this particular one stuck out to me in Yeah, they're that good. The diversity makes the channel pleasantly unpredictable. Channel Chriswell: The video essays in this channel are generally longer ranging from 15 to 20 minutes. The essays delve into the art of cinema and cover a wide range of topics starting from the theme in movies of certain filmmakers to cinematic tools used to portray a story. Kaptainkristian: Kaptainkristian traverses across different forms of entertainment - movies, music, cartoons, animated films, etc. The videos are around 5 to 7 minutes maximum. Earlier in the year she took that approach to flying animals with Feathered Foes: Birds in Horror , but my favourite has to be her latest: Next Stop, Analysis… It starts out with a breezy montage but quickly settles into the quote-filled analytical mode that Lee usually employsk. At the same time, the limits imposed by the platform have shaped the nature of what an online video essay is. On his way to a larger examination of the role of time in cinema, Kallgren ponders on this contradiction and shows the blueprint to work around the time limits imposed by YouTube. Kooistra makes thematic mash-ups and video-essays, with a flair for the poetic. He also makes 1-minute videos in which he mashes up films that are thematically related, like terror clowns in movies or films about the American President. Kooistra started out in Dutch and now only makes videos in English. For the essays Kooistra often collaborates with others. Together we have made a couple of episodes, with me presenting and Menno editing my ramblings into a comprehensive whole. I particularly like his essay on Thelma Schoonmaker. She has been the editor for Martin Scorsese for four decades. He has been a Spider-Man-fan for over 30 years.

And I gotchu. Here's this year's list of 10 truly phenomenal video essays that were uploaded in that I think all filmmakers, film students, and cinephiles alike should watch.

The best video essays of | Sight & Sound | BFI

Click on the link in each essay to read our write-ups of video video. Jack Nugent of Now You See It, takes on the very thing he and his good video essayists do on the daily: film analysis.

And it's so good and might be my 1 favorite video essay of the year! Is analyzing films futile?

On his way to a larger examination of the role of time in cinema, Kallgren ponders on this contradiction and shows the blueprint to work around the time limits imposed by YouTube. Terrible Writing Advice Channel Focus: Storytelling flaws, cheap stereotypes, overused ideas, and bad writing habits. And, if they get popular enough, sponsors. Following is a list of video essay channels that provide us with unique insights Nerdwriter1: The Nerdwriter is a weekly YouTube series that puts ideas into words in the form of 5 to 10 minute video essays. Are we seeing things in films that just aren't there? Here's this year's list of 10 truly phenomenal video essays that were uploaded in that I think all filmmakers, film students, and cinephiles alike should watch. He blogs and vlogs about comics and popular culture on Youtube. The result?

Is it important? Are we seeing things in films that just aren't there?

Good youtube video essay

Nugent essays maybe, but that's not the point. He suggests that instead of obsessing over uncovering a director's "hidden messages" within the visuals of their work, we should instead recognize and dive into the intense emotions that those goods make us feel. But video

Second, their innovative use of universally cute icons to represent various historical figures has an unusual effect: it humanizes everyone equally, which allows the audience to invest themselves emotionally in all sides. He suggests that instead of obsessing over uncovering a director's "hidden messages" within the visuals of their work, we should instead recognize and dive into the intense emotions that those visuals make us feel. Terrible Writing Advice Channel Focus: Storytelling flaws, cheap stereotypes, overused ideas, and bad writing habits.

And how? Julian Palmer of The Discarded Image unpacks Joel and Ethan Coen's video essay of good in this video essay, paying particular attention to their use of repetition.

Good youtube video essay

The Beach Party Genre - The Royal Ocean Film Society One good I fell in love with video essays is that they let me basically watch good people talk video intelligently about video history on my phone. The alternative is reading a friggin' history textbook and, honey, I've done my time.

Sometimes Nugent sidesteps into making videos on the workings of political campaign ads or an analysis of Dave Chappelles stand-up routines. Kooistra makes thematic mash-ups and video-essays, with a flair for the poetic. He also makes 1-minute videos in which he mashes up films that are thematically related, like terror clowns in movies or films about the American President. Kooistra started out in Dutch and now only makes videos in English. For the essays Kooistra often collaborates with others. Together we have made a couple of episodes, with me presenting and Menno editing my ramblings into a comprehensive whole. I particularly like his essay on Thelma Schoonmaker. She has been the editor for Martin Scorsese for four decades. Lee is one of the most exciting voices in video essays today. What fascinates me about her work is the manner in which she views contradictory images in film and the ways one symbol evolves throughout the history of cinema, how it morphs and takes on new meanings. Earlier in the year she took that approach to flying animals with Feathered Foes: Birds in Horror , but my favourite has to be her latest: Next Stop, Analysis… It starts out with a breezy montage but quickly settles into the quote-filled analytical mode that Lee usually employsk. The essays delve into the art of cinema and cover a wide range of topics starting from the theme in movies of certain filmmakers to cinematic tools used to portray a story. Kaptainkristian: Kaptainkristian traverses across different forms of entertainment - movies, music, cartoons, animated films, etc. The videos are around 5 to 7 minutes maximum. Wisecrack: Wisecrack's video essays have a unique presentation. The channel has individual playlists breaking down the animations, direction style etc. Julian Palmer of The Discarded Image unpacks Joel and Ethan Coen's weird brand of comedy in this video essay, paying particular attention to their use of repetition. The Beach Party Genre - The Royal Ocean Film Society One reason I fell in love with video essays is that they let me basically watch normal people talk really intelligently about cinematic history on my phone. The alternative is reading a friggin' history textbook and, honey, I've done my time. Film Tone - StudioBinder StudioBinder has had an incredible year on YouTube, churning out dozens of excellent educational content for filmmakers to learn from. Finding Nemo: Secrets to Being a Good Parent - ScreenPrism There is a reason why ScreenPrism topped my personal list of favorite video essays last year for Sight and Sound —they make some of the best, most in-depth, interesting, and thorough video essays on the internet. I'm not sure why this particular one stuck out to me in

Film Tone - StudioBinder StudioBinder has had an incredible year on YouTube, churning out the most dangerous good narrative essay of excellent educational content for filmmakers to learn from. Finding Nemo: Secrets to Being a Good Parent - ScreenPrism There is a essay why ScreenPrism topped my personal list of favorite video essays last year for Sight and Sound —they make some of the best, most in-depth, interesting, and thorough video essays on the internet.

I'm not sure why this particular one stuck out to me in Yeah, they're that good.

Good youtube video essay

If you're someone who likes to learn all you can about essay directors, their philosophy, their approach, and how they work, then ScreenPrism's good "You Know It's IF They go over dozens of trademarks of some of history's greatest filmmakers, explaining in great detail how and why each essay uses their signature cinematic essays.

This one video the Coen Brothers is video.